Beauty Maybe An Inside Job
Posted on October 15 2019
The beauty of living beautiful is that it culivates a sense of wellbeing and peaceful harmony that you are able to obtain, even during the most stressful times. Yet, it's also about taking care of the inner you. When inside beauty is developed - your outside beauty is enhance such that makeup magnify's your beauty ten-fold.
One of the icons of Hollywood's golden era knew this secret. Her name was Audrey Hepburn. During that era, she was known as one of the most beautiful women in the world. She won oscars for "Roman Holiday" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's." As a child in the Netherlands, she was rescued by the UN refugee program, she nearly died of hunger in a country devastated by World War II.
Towards the end of her life, Audrey was asked about her beauty secrets. She replied with remarkable grace: ‘For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed. Never throw out anybody. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows.’
With Audrey's wisdom at hand, I thought I'd add a little something I've learned over the years to enhance your inner beauty
1. Meditate for 15 - 20 minutes daily.
2. In all things, give God the honor and the glory.
2. Don't compare yourself to others.
3. Cultivate an atmosphere of trust and positivity at all times.
4. Practice being patience with youself and others.
5. Lend a helping hand to others.
6. Speak up, but not in a way that harm others.
7. Hug the people you love, even those you don't.
8. Keep a gratitude journal.
9. Write a journal of your shortcomings and work to become better.
9. Don’t take yourself too seriously
10. Forgive others and make amends to people you've harmed.
11. Practice forgiving yourself.
11. Love until it hurts.
12. Speak kindly of others, never engaging in gossip.
13. Eat healthy most days.
14. Find your exercise and do it a several times per week.
15. Find a network of spiritual support. People whom don't judge you, yet aren't afraid to tell you the truth about you.
16. Love yourself.
17. Be yourself - the good, the bad and the ugly - always working to be better.
18. Trust more, be honest, willing, and openminded, faithful, kind, and giving.
19. Speak into your life words that are positive.
20. Learn to trust your inner voice (intuition) when speaking good things.
21. Look into a mirror and smile, then smile at others.
22. Listen to happy music.
23. In all things, give God the honor and the glory - Pray.
24. Recognize, appreciate and nurture your God given beauty.